Rotech Laboratories provides an extensive schedule of UKAS accredited tests and offers a large range of materials testing services to many sectors of industry. We offer extensive product and process knowledge from our highly qualified and experienced staff that are happy to give advice and support in a friendly approachable way.
Our primary testing departments are analytical and corrosion science including chemical analysis, painted/plated finish salt spray and humidity testing, mechanical testing and metallography including failure investigations.
Our major test works include.....
- Failure analysis* and manufacturing investigations - using optical and electron microscopy and x-ray analysis.
- Microstructural evaluation to examine aspects such as weld quality, effectiveness of heat treatment, case depth, grain size, coating thickness etc.
- Product finish testing utilising a fully equipped coating testing laboratory for the evaluation of painted, phosphated and electroplated finishes by salt spray, humidity, thickness, adhesion tests etc.
- Chemical analysis of ferrous and non-ferrous metals and alloys using ICP-OES and Leco C+S and nitrogen determination.
- Mechanical testing including tensile testing at ambient and elevated temperatures, impact testing at ambient and sub-zero temperatures, hardness and bend testing, and a full range of tests on fasteners and welds.
- Weld testing harnessing considerable experience of destructive weld testing for weld procedures
and welder qualifications to EN ISO, ASME IX and major customer specifications.
- (*Not UKAS accredited test)